The new Austin trio Blue Healer says hello with a self-titled debut. Will their synth rock debut heal your blues? Watch our review to find out.
New album reviews every Tuesday!
• Phil Collins, Peter Frampton, and My Morning Jacket adopt a dog and teach it new tricks
• Glass Animals and Snow Patrol take a trip to Bahamas
• Strong synth work here, really makes for solid ear candy
• Overall sound is a unique mix of organic and synthetic
• A fun record – doesn’t try to hard with a big concept, just focuses on solid tracks and upbeat vibes
• Key Tracks: Luminescent Eyes; Crystal Chandeliers; 30,000 Feet; No Better
• Lyrics aren’t the most original, but they’re more about sounds and vibes
• Could’ve left a few tracks off – Wonder of the World got a little cheesy
• Nearly every chorus seemed to include layered vocals — after a while the novelty sort of wore off, almost felt formulaic
Blue Healer — ‘Blue Healer’ — Album Review
Episode #259 — Published 9/19/16
Last Week’s Album